Enrolling Your Child

Board Policy 7130 - Entitlement to Attend

If you are planning on registering your child for enrollment in the Malone Central School District, it is now possible to complete the majority of the paperwork completely online, or to print them out and complete them prior to visiting the District Office. Please follow the step-by-step instructions below to ensure you complete all necessary paperwork. Your child will not be able to start school until these forms are completed along with other required forms below.

For more information on some of the requirements and services in our district, please click on the down arrow next to "Information" in the "Enrollment" menu at the top of the page.

If you have questions about the process, we ask that you contact our Enrollment Office at 518-483-7800 (option 2), or email Karen Vanier, kvanier@maloneschools.org. Our Enrollment Office is located in the transportation facility at 22 Bus Garage Lane.

Please note, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are making every effort to limit the number of people entering our school buildings, so we will gladly work with you to complete the enrollment process electronically.

Open Enrollment for Pre-K & Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 School Year

Pre-Kindergarten Requirements

The program is available to children who turn four on or before December 1, 2021. Parents are required to provide proof of age (Birth Certificate), proof of residency, and a record of immunizations for their son/daughter at the time of registration.

The program will operate on the same days that school is in session for children in grades K-5. There will be full day openings only.

Kindergarten Requirements

A child’s birthdate must be on or before December 1, 2016, to be eligible for Kindergarten during the 2021-2022 school year. Parents are required to provide proof of age (Birth Certificate), proof of residency, and a record of immunizations for their son/daughter at the time of registration.

If your child is currently enrolled in a Pre-K program in the Malone Central School District, it is not necessary to enroll them in Kindergarten. They will be enrolled automatically.


Both Pre-K and Kindergarten registration may be completed either:

  • online using the forms below. If you choose to enroll your child online, you do not need to wait until the in person enrollment week to do so.

  • or in person, by appointment, from March 8th through March 12th, from 8:00 Am to 3:00 PM. In person enrollment will be held at the Transportation Center, 22 Bus Garage Lane, in the Conference Room, using the back entrance to the building. Please see the map below for directions on how to enter and exit. Also, please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, masks are required in all of our district's buildings.

If you choose to enroll online, please see the section titled "Submitting Forms & Documentation" below for information on getting the required documents to us.

If you wish to make an appointment to enroll your child in person, to drop off required documents, or have any further questions, please call Karen Vanier at 518-483-7800, option 2.

enrollment map.pdf

Registration - Required Forms

These are the forms that must be completed for each child being enrolled in the district. While there may seem to be some redundancy in questions asked from one form to the next, be aware that different forms are sent to different departments and offices throughout the district. Our goal is to ensure that your child receives every service and opportunity possible, and that they start their time with us as easily and smoothly as possible.

You may choose whether to enroll your child using our online forms, or to download the form, print it out, and fill it out by hand. You do not need to do both. So if you complete the online version of a form, you do not need to download the hardcopy of it. If you choose to download and complete a hardcopy of one or more of the required forms, please see the section below entitled "Submitting Forms & Documentation" for instructions on how to get those to us.

If you opt to enroll your child in Pre-K or Kindergarten in person during the open enrollment week, copies of the forms will be provided to you then.

Form 1 - Registration & Contact Information

This form will collect basic information on your student and his/her family.

Form 2 - Health Services Intake

Here we will collect health information about your student that will be given to the nurse in the school your child will attend.

Form 3 - Student Residency Questionnaire

We are required by New York State to gather certain information about the living situations of our students. This form collects that information.

Form 4 - Student Transportation

We need to know whether your child will require transportation to and from school. Even if your child will not require bussing, we ask that you complete this form so that we have a record of that fact.

Form 5 - Student Technology Use

Our district has a strong history of integrating technology in instruction to increase our student's engagement and provide them with skillsets for future success. The COVID-19 pandemic has made technology even more a part of our Pre-K through 12 curricula. This form helps us set your child up for their technology needs, makes sure you are aware of your child's technology use and related district policies.

Required Documentation

In addition to the required forms above, there are certain documents that are required in order for your child's enrollment to be finalized. Please see the section below entitled, "Submitting Forms & Documentation" for information on how to get these documents to us.

Proof of Residency

In order to attend a school within the Malone Central School District, the child and parents' residence must be within our district boundaries. (For more information on those boundaries, please see the Attendance Zones page.) In order for us to be assured that all our students live within our school district's lines, we require a Proof of Residency for any new student enrolling in Malone Central.

Proof of Residency includes:

  • Auto registration

  • Copy of utility bills

  • Tax statements

  • Check stubs from wages, public assistance or social security

  • Current rental/lease agreement with the following:

    • Parent/guardian and student names

    • Manager or owner name and telephone number

    • Written verification of current status (Does not include rented portions of a house or apartment or agreements formulated by relatives.)

    • Current property tax bill

    • Current homeowner's or renter's insurance bill

    • Current state or federal tax return

    • Current correspondence from an official government agency:

      • IRS/Social Security/Child Support/Foster Care

      • Voter Registration/Polling Information

      • Jury Summons/Subpoena

      • Any current document from federal, state or county agency

Proof of Immunization & Physical Examination

As a new entrant, there are important immunization requirements that the New York State Department of Health mandates we have on record. You will find a chart that lists the minimum requirements for entry to school on the Vaccination Information page.

Parents of students enrolling are responsible for providing proof of immunizations. The following list identifies the acceptable forms of documentation:

  • A certificate from a physician, physician's assistant, or nurse practitioner.

  • A military dependent's shot record.

  • An immunization record card signed by a physician, physician's assistant, or nurse practitioner.

  • An immunization registry record.

  • The immunization portion of a passport.

If you are entering from within New York State, you have 14 calendar days to provide us with this information. If you are entering from another state, you have 30 days to provide us with the information. If we do not obtain the required immunization information within the specified time, your child will be excluded from school until such time as this information is provided.

In addition, new entrants are required to have a physical examination within 30 days of the first day of attendance. This exam may be conducted by your family physician, pediatrician, or by the school physician. If your child has had a physical within the past 12 months, please contact your school nurse who will provide an appropriate form for your doctor to complete. Unless notified of other arrangements, your child will be scheduled to see the school physician.

A complete physical exam includes eyes, ears, throat, heart, lungs, hernia (boys), posture, and extremities. Please discuss the parts of the complete physical with your child to help prevent any misgivings about the school physical. Parents will be notified of any abnormalities.

Submitting Forms & Documentation

If you completed the online versions of the required forms, you do not need to submit hardcopies of the forms, but we will need the required documentation for age, proof of residency and immunizations. If you downloaded the forms and then filled them out, you will need to get those to us, as well as the required documentation detailed above.

These forms and documents can be delivered to us in any of the following ways:

  • You may mail forms and documentation to: Karen Vanier, Malone Central School District, 22 Bus Garage Lane, Malone, NY 12953.

  • You may scan the forms and documents and send the digital files via email to Karen Vanier, kvanier@maloneschools.org.

  • You may drop them off at our transportation facility at 22 Bus Garage Lane in Malone. If you would like to do this, you need to call ahead to make an appointment. Call 518-483-7800, option 2. Also, please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, masks are required in all of our district's buildings.

Optional Forms

These forms below need only be filled out if they apply to your child. They may be downloaded and filled out by hand.

Athletic Participation Form for Grades 6-12

Complete this form if your child is in grades 6-12 and plans on playing a sport. You may return the completed form to Joey Santamoor, Athletic Director either by mailing it to him at Franklin Academy, 42 Husky Lane, Malone, NY 12953, or by emailing it to him, jsantamoor@maloneschools.org.

Migrant Education Program Surveys

These surveys include instructions for where to send them when completed.